Monday, August 20, 2007

D and E in the OC

Back in July my best friend and college roommate, Diana, and I drove up to the OC (Orange County) to visit our other friend and college roommate, Jenn AKA Flaca ('skinny girl' in Spanish - she is 5'10 and back in college ate a ton but had model proportions).

I literally lose my voice whenever I reunite with my circle of best friends (my college roommates Di, Jenn, Heather and Bev) because we talk non-stop. This was certainly no exception as we literally talked straight for hours as Jennifer commented, "..about everything we are not supposed to talk about: sex, religion and politics". ha ha ha.

We also cooked a lovely vegetarian meal. Well, Diana cooked, Jenn helped her as her sous chef and I cleaned up. It was a lovely time with these gals I have known for so long. One last thing we can all learn from - I am proud that Jenn and her husband, Mike, bring their own reusable bags every time to the grocery store (see pic) instead of constantly using and wasting plastic bags (or even worse: paper.) It was as Jenn pointed out: in England you must bring your own bag to shop with, or they charge you for a bag. Even P came home with a bag from Ikea that must be reused or they will charge you. Everything helps, folks...even baby steps :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's hot ; - )

cjcrash said...

When shopping for a small amount at the grocery store I always ask them to not put it in any bag and I can't tell you how many times the cashier looks at me like I'm nuts.

Anonymous said...

You all look fabulous! Miss you much. And what was the dish, D? Details, please! I'm going to have to ask you for the recipe! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi mother-to-be!! The dish was only so/so...needed some flavor and/or sauce. By the way, hopefully we are buying a new Prius this weekend- woohoo!