Tuesday, July 31, 2007

80s Song of the Week - INXS "Don't Change"

*Sigh*.

I am serious. I watched this video and that is what my reaction was...

Okay, okay, for those of you who are loyal elsamart readers: I know! I have been lagging on posting my 80s Music Videos of the week. Mi 'Scusi!! For those of you just tuning in - I decided when I started my blog that since I love my 80s music and love the nostalgia of it, I'd post one (along with my commentary) every week.

Now - back to INXS. This was the first INXS hit that I can remember in the 80s. In fact, this is the first time I've ever even seen the video. My reaction? LOVE IT!!! HOT DOG!!! Lead singer and late Michael Hutchence was packing some serious sex appeal!!! Of course I long knew this, but I hadn't seen this video back when they were REALLY still a rock band with great guitar licks, raw, not over-produced songs! I mean: lean and virile Michael (not yet sporting his longer wavy hair that became his trademark in later years) seemed to be channeling a young Mick Jagger - with a FAR more handsome, rugged face. SIGH.

This video is the sheeit - you can totally do my infamous 80s 'skank' dance move to it. And it really makes me want to go to Australia and meet some rugged, handsome, beer-guzzling man - oh, wait - I already got one of those - he's just Irish...

1 comment:

Elsa Martinez said...

and in case my momma be reading this: he doesn't guzzle that much beer or Guinness anymore... he's totally wimped out at his age and living in such close proximity to gay Hillcrest he pretty much enjoys cosmopolitans and mojitos....HAHAHAHa