Monday, July 23, 2007

Whew Hew!!!


Last week I officially paid off my Toyota Scion Xa and now truly own my first car!! It will sure feel good not having that monthly car payment. I love my "Fuzz" - nicknamed appropriately as my car is metallic gray and randomly has the letters FUZ in the license plate. It is compact, but has much more space and leg room than first meets the eye. The gas mileage is great - 32 (city) 38 (highway) - making it the 7th best fuel-efficient vehicle (the first few are hybrids, also). Being compact, my car is great for parking and even has an mp3 player that comes standard. It's cute and totally suited to my lifestyle. This was the first car I bought on my own and brand new. I remember my Dad was furious that I didn't take him to the dealership but insisted upon doing it all by myself. (Even more satisfying that it's all done now).

The Scion dealership was really marketing this car to first-time buyers who were college-age. When I finished signing the papers the salesman asked if it was the first new car I've purchased and said, "It will be so great for you in school and to go to the beach!" Grinning, I informed him, "It definitely is a great car for a college student.. too bad I graduated 12 years ago!!!"

1 comment:

Elsa Martinez said...

opps I forgot to mention how cheap my car is! It starts at about $13,400 and you can add accessories to bump up the price. All said and done with taxes I paid 15k for mine! Can't beat that, all you gas-guzzlers!!!