Thursday, January 25, 2007

A flicker relights my Chariot of Fire



Well, I'll be damned! 2 days ago I was lamenting on this blog about my callback audition for a running photo shoot for "Adidas" to be used in a year-long campaign in all advertising formats. (For models to shoot for a world-re known brand is GREAT for your career as it impresses future clients that you are worth them shelling out the money to hire you.)

Well, older (34 compared to the 22-28 year-olds they wanted), injury-prone, lean - - but no 6 pack abs - I got the call today from my agent that they, indeed, could see that I have a runner's build and have run my whole life and I got the job!!!

I will be pumped up on ibuprofen for the shoot will be painful tomorrow (running off and on for several hours), the money is greatly appreciated, and I just am simply proud of myself!!!

Just goes to show it ain't over till the Fat Lady sings!

3 comments:

Patrick said...

Hey maybe you got a few more years in ya yet ;) Congrats

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Elsa Martinez said...

holy frijoles! I am terribly sorry you are so unhappy with me and my blog to take the time out to be so utterly nasty. It really must be hard to live life like that, verdad? Perhaps allow me to suggest a walk down 80s video lane to cheer you up? :)