Sunday, January 07, 2007

80s Song of the Week #1 - Duran Duran "Rio"

ok ok. I am in my mid 30s as you all should well know by now. I also love my 80s music (especially New Wave) from back then. I decided this New Year for my blog that I'd treat myself and maybe even some of you to a different 80s video each week. Perhaps it will take some of you down memory lane or open you young ones to a genre that coincided with MTV's birth. These videos are colorful, strange, loud, and each one UNIQUE.
Of course, I could not help but start off with my beloved Duran Duran and their hit, "RIO". Note the tanned bodies, big hair, European playboy attitude, use of dyes, paint and bright colors and the Brazilian model's tilted back laughing open smile at the beginning (which I realized upon posting this that I have stolen as one my signature poses - as many of my images with that exact laughing smile have been in ads everywhere....)
Enjoy...I'll be 'dancing on the sand'!

No comments: