Wednesday, January 10, 2007

(It's about) Time to Retire

There are a couple different facets to modeling. I have been lucky enough to be able to do all: runway, editorial (hi-fashion), print, stock, informal modeling and lastly promotional and spokesmodeling. It's the latter that I refer to that I have officially retired as of December 31, 2006.

Having been blessed with the gift to gab and the kind of personality that I can enter any situation and talk to anyone helped me get through years of doing this. It's not brain-surgery, but one MUST not be shy or afraid to talk. Sometimes the job was awesome - getting in for free to very cool events. And sometimes it lagged. But the pay is better than my teaching job - thus, I kept on. (And on. And on and on). In my spokesmodeling agencies I was the oldest by far and working with many 25 and under girls. It was lovely being the big sis and mom to them but, alas, I am getting long in the tooth so it is high time to pass the reins on...

Attached is a photo album of various jobs and friends who worked alongside me!

No comments: