Thursday, January 25, 2007

Kix are for (Hispanic) kids (too)!!!!!

2 years later and I am still featured with my (fake) El Salvadorean daughter sitting on my lap on the back of Kix cereal boxes all across the USA. I've seen these boxes with my own blind eyes as far as Maui, HI to NYC, New York. But, don't bother buying the cereal thinking it's going to help get me paid residuals or anything like that... I haven't seen a cent since the original photo shoot was paid and I know that the photographer sold the image to "Proctor & Gamble" for probably about $20k....

Still, my nieces and nephews get a kick out of it as they were the ones who first saw it eating their morning cereal. My face has been taking to elementary school "Show And Tell" thus cementing me as Cool Aunty Elsa for-EVER!!!!

Also, worth noting was that way back in May when my darling Patrick and I had only been dating a couple weeks he one day texted me, "OMG - you've been sitting on top of our fridge for months now!!!"

Pretty groovy. I'd say it was kismet that we met. It even prompted this MySpace poetry along ago:

It was inevitable
that our Love would grow.
For on so many occasions already
our paths had crossed
without our even knowing it.
And so
There I was
All this Time
Smiling down at you
Like your Guardian Angel
...from the back of a children's cereal box."

Our Love was truly meant to be!!!

No comments: