Monday, January 22, 2007

Look to the Stars for the Best Drivers



My boyfriend, Patrick, will love this one.

He hates how I drive. I don't think I am a bad driver at all. I don't follow too closely, I rarely speed. I don't believe in 'road rage'. I am a helluva parallel parker. But he hates driving with me. Hmm, I think it's due to the fact that a botched-up Lasik eye surgery left me with HORRIBLE low-light and night vision. So, reading signs in unfamiliar places is very hard for me.

In any case, Patrick, turns completely around to talk to his daughter or dog in the back. And he has a small problem of backing into things because he is in a rush and claims it's hard to see out of his Honda Element.

Still, according to a Reuters survey with car insurance carriers, they are now looking more at astrological signs than your postal code about your status as a good driver. The study, which looked at 100,000 North American drivers' records from the past six years, puts Libras (born between Sept. 23 and Oct. 22) followed by Aquarians (born between Jan. 20 and Feb. 18) as the worst offenders for tickets and accidents. Leos (July 23-Aug. 22) and then Geminis (May 21-June 20) were found to be the best overall. Leos, described along with the study results, are "generous, and comfortable in sharing the roadway."

Did I mention Patrick is a Leo??

No comments: