Monday, January 22, 2007

Metal Heads make Creative Video Parody

Rush, Van Halen, ACDC, Judas Priest, Pat Benetar, Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osborne: these are just a few of the Heavy Metal music that my older brothers used to listen to in the early 80s. I can clearly remember their black concert t-shirts and their record LPs which fascinated me with their daring cover artwork (sometimes featuring satanic monsters or scantily-clad women). And, no,, my mom did NOT want the 'babies' to see those LPs!

The funny thing is that my brothers were good boys: church-going, loved their many sisters, weren't smoking or drugged out, and never came home drunk from a high school party (or was that just because my strict parents didn't let us attend any high school parties??) But that all said: especially my oldest brother, Gabriel, and his friends were into Heavy "Bang Your Head!" Metal.

I guess being the creative and good boy deep down that Gabe was in his teens, he did manage to choose also creative and talented (and SMART) heavy metal friends instead of just the pot-smoking dead heads that ditch school. The following video was made probably about 20 years ago by his good friends David Lee (who has made a living in creative arts) and John McHenry - who is a West Point graduate and now a lawyer in JAG. Enjoy them poking fun at being the (CREATIVE) Metal Heads that they were... Enjoy!

1 comment:

Patrick said...

The previous post is spam